Soooo, since I’ve been missing in action (um, I mean busy slaving on projects to show to all of you!) for so long, I thought I’d show a few of the things I’ve been working on!
This was a sooper dooper easy one that I get lots of compliments on! When we moved into our house there were a couple of (leftover??) cabinet doors I found in a storage room. After staring at them for a year or two, I decided to get to work!
I sanded the finish down a little bit, and then filled in the door pull hole with some wood filler. Sanded that down and taped off the center section to get ready to paint!
I missed taking pics of a couple of the in-between steps (still a half-hearted blogger who needs to take the leap or get off the something-or-other!). But I just painted my two colors and then got to work on the letters. My life hadn’t blessed me yet with a cricut, so I typed everything up to the size I wanted in Word and then printed it out. Taped all my pieces together since I used a pretty large font-size. Then on the back, I used a pencil to shade all over the back where the letters were. Kinda making my own little piece of transfer paper. Then I turned it back over to the right side, taped it down to my board so it wouldn’t slide and then outlined all my letters.
When you pick the paper up, magic happens! You see the outline of all your letters in light pencil! Then I just used a black paint pen to fill them in. Roughed up some of the black a little and I’m done! I think it took me longer to write this post than it did to complete this project! Really super easy and completely free since I had everything lying around my house already!
Here’s a better picture of it hanging up