This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Frontera Wines. All opinions are 100% mine.
We’re a huge fan of hosting friends and family- for BBQs, holidays, football games (it’s almost time for the Big Game)!! They all give me a chance to whip up some new recipes!
There are a few things I try to keep in mind when I’m creating or looking for new recipes. Especially if I’m making them for large groups of people!
- They have to be easy! If I’m preparing 5 or 6 recipes for a party, each recipe doesn’t need to have 56 steps!
- They have to be affordable. I enjoy the party a lot more if I know I didn’t break the bank to get there.
- They have to taste great! Duh, right? But I don’t just mean they have to taste good, I mean great! Why go to the trouble of buying food and preparing it, if isn’t going to be fantastic?
- They should be filling. If you prepare recipes that are filling, then you can get away with making less!
- They can be made ahead of time! The key to being relaxed right as your guests start arriving!
- It’s a huge bonus if they also look great enough to almost look like decoration!
Luckily for you guys, the recipe I’m sharing today fits all those bills! Plus, this one serves double-duty as a beverage and a dessert!
I made these Strawberry and Peach Wine Slushies two weeks ago to test them out before the Big Game coming up. I had one immediately after making it (delicious!), and then I froze the rest to test out how well they would defrost.
After a week of being frozen, I scooped about 3/4 cup out of each flavor. I let it thaw for about 5 minutes or so, then filled each glass. They tasted great and I love having it in my freezer now ready to go!
Strawberry and Peach Wine Slushies
2.5 cups frozen strawberries
2.5 cups frozen peaches
1.5 cups Frontera Chardonnay, divided
Directions: In blender, combine frozen strawberries with 3/4 cup Frontera Chardonnay. Blend until smooth. You can add more Chardonnay if you don’t want it quite as thick. Empty pitcher and rinse out to remove strawberry residue. Then repeat with peaches and remaining Chardonnay.
You can just pour into your wine glasses in layers, but I wanted to take it a step further and get the angled look! These are so pretty and colorful, that they almost double as the centerpiece for your table!
To get the angled look, place your glasses in a loaf pan at a tilt.
Pour in the bottom layer.
Then carefully pour the second layer over it, using a spoon to gently push it in and towards the bottom if needed. Once the glass is full, you can remove from loaf pan and stand upright. This technique works better the thicker your slushie is, so if you thin out your slushie with more Chardonnay (which also isn’t a bad thing!), your layers might not stay as distinct.
I popped an extra strawberry on top for garnish and the ever-fun paper straw! Now I just need to decide which team to root for!
This is a great recipe to customize too according to your tastes! You could try any combination of fruits: blueberry and peach, strawberry and mango, raspberry and peach, etc. You can also switch up your wine flavors! Chardonnay is a favorite of mine, but Frontera Wines as many delicious options to choose from: Moscato, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc and more. Plus they’re all affordable, so it still meets the requirements of my perfect party food checklist!
Looking for more easy recipes that are delicious? Check these out!