This lemon icebox pie recipe comes together in less than 10 minutes and tastes delicious!
I’m not afraid of a complicated dessert recipe and don’t mind at all spending an absurd amount of time in the kitchen trying to get it just right.
Buuut, I know most people roll their eyes at me and want easy. And, honestly, I pretty much agree with them during the summer months!
I want my summer recipes to consist of a few key components:
- Only a few ingredients (preferably that I keep on-hand)
- No-bake (because who wants to turn an oven on in the summer??)
- still be homemade
- and I love fruit desserts in the summer!
Lemon is a particular favorite of mine, especially when paired with blueberries or strawberries! I’m a sucker for anything tart and creamy, and this lemon icebox pie recipe fits the bill!
There are only 5 ingredients needed (plus water, but I don’t really count water as an ingredient). While I had every ingredient on-hand already, there are a few that you might not. But, trust me, after you see how easy and delicious this is, you’ll start stockpiling them!
Especially Eagle Sweetened Condensed Milk. This is a year-round staple in our house, and I’m a firm believer that everyone should be able to make that statement!
It gives your dessert such a creamy texture and rich flavor… I’m convinced there isn’t another ingredient out there that lends itself better to no-bake desserts! We use it often in our Key Lime Pie Ice Cream (that doesn’t even need an ice cream machine!) and always get rave reviews!
This lemon icebox pie came together in under 10 minutes and is perfect for summer BBQ’s, because you need to make it ahead! I love desserts like this that I can make the day before and don’t have to rush around at the last minute!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1½ cup finely crushed vanilla wafer crumbs or graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoon pre-sweetened lemonade flavor drink crystal
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1½ cup water, divided
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl; stir in wafer or graham cracker crumbs. Press firmly onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate; chill.
- Soften gelatin in ¼ cup water in small saucepan. Heat until dissolved over low heat; set aside.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, remaining water and lemonade drink crystals in medium bowl; mix well. Stir in gelatin mixture and mix until well combined
- Pour into prepared crust. Chill 3 hours or until firm. Garnish as desired.
- I garnished with whipped cream, blueberries and lemon zest but that is purely optional!
When I soften gelatin, I just put the water in a small saucepan, set it over low heat and then sprinkle the gelatin on top. Give it some stirs until it is completely dissolved. It only takes a minute or two.
While that was simmering over the low heat, I mixed up the remaining ingredients for the pie filling. When the gelatin is dissolved, stir that into the sweetened condensed milk mixture and fill the pie shell.
That’s it! It really does come together so quickly and all you have to do now is pop it in the refrigerator to let it set until you’re ready to eat! Only a few ingredients, 10 minutes of your time and you never had to turn the oven on! Score!
Oh yeah, and it’s really stinkin’ good!
Just look at how nicely that slices?! And doesn’t it look so refreshing!
Be sure to pin this post so you have a quick, delicious recipe next time you’re in a pinch with a picnic coming up! You won’t be disappointed!