This post was sponsored by No Yolks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
If you’re looking for an easy and filling dinner, this Lasagna Soup recipe fits the bill. Filled with healthy, delicious ingredients and is on the table in less than 30 minutes!
I’ve been married for 17 years now (how is that even possible?!), and there are some things in that time that have just become automatic. No one really thinks about it. It’s just our normal, every day routine.
Things like I sleep on the side of the bed that’s closest to the bathroom no matter which house we live in. I take care of buying gifts for people regardless of whose side of the family we’re talking about. And things like certain foods have just become staples in our house without anyone ever verbalizing it.
I’ve figured out how this family likes to eat and also which foods fit into our lifestyle. One of the most important things I’ve realized if I stop and think about the way I grocery shop, is that I go for foods that are the most versatile. Foods that can fit into a variety of dishes that will all be hits with everyone in our family.
Foods like No Yolks Noodles that form the perfect base for entrees like my Taco Noodle Skillet. Or they can be used for side dishes like Noodles with Kale and Walnut Pesto or my boys’ favorite, Sriracha Cheesy Noodles. This recipe for Creamy Noodles with Bacon and Peas looks amazing and I love that it only uses one pot!
Now that the winter months are getting closer, we find ourselves using No Yolks noodles in soups as well. Because they stay firm and fluffy after cooking, they’re perfect for soups like Miso and French Onion Soup. One of my favorite recipes to use these high-quality noodles in, though, is Lasagna Soup.
Lasagna has always been a favorite in our house, but it is so time-consuming! Not only is this soup easy to make, but it’s much healthier too. I don’t use nearly as much cheese as I do in the traditional version, and the No Yolks noodles are made from egg whites so they have no cholesterol and are low in fat and sodium. It’s a win for me as the cook and win for the whole family when I serve it to them!
Tips for Making Lasagna Soup
- I used ground beef for my version of the recipe but you could also use half ground sausage or turkey if you prefer
- I used the No Yolks broad noodles, but there are other varieties to choose from: Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski, Dumplings, and even Stir-Fry. Feel free to experiment with the other options too!
- I prefer the diced tomatoes in most of my dishes. You could also use crushed tomatoes.
- Feel free to adjust all the spices and seasonings to your style. We love onions and garlic, so we tend to go a little heavy on them. Adjusting those measurements (or any of the spices) will not affect how this recipe turns out at all in terms of texture. It will only affect the taste.
- I only used 4 cups of broth in my soup. Use a bit more if you prefer a soup with more of a broth base.
This is a great way to enjoy that great lasagna taste without the time-consuming task of preparing a traditional lasagna! It cooks up quickly and is packed with flavor!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 4-6 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp sugar
- 8 oz No Yolks Broad Noodles
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
In a large pot, brown your beef and onion over medium-high heat. Add the garlic for the last minute and cook until beef is brown. Drain fat.
Add in broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, spices and sugar. Stir well and bring to a boil.
Once it begins boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
Add in noodles and stir well. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
While the noodles are cooking, in a small bowl mix your 3 cheeses together.
Once the soup is done cooking, spoon about half of your cheese mixture into the soup and stir to distribute it evenly. Use the rest of the cheese mixture to put a dollop on top of each individual bowl of soup.
I hope you’ll give this delicious recipe a try! Be sure to pick up No Yolks at your local grocery store and follow along with them for more easy and tasty recipes: