This recipe for ground Beef Stroganoff in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker will become a fast family favorite! This is also the first recipe that turned out for me in a pressure cooker, so it’s a personal favorite too!
I received an Instant Pot for Christmas, so I am a total newbie over here. And you know what?? It was pretty obvious I was a newbie after the first couple recipes.
I mean complete and total failure. Like I was pretty annoyed and thought everyone was lying to me when they kept raving about this thing.
My first attempt at Instant Pot cooking was a pork butt with sauce to make pork carnitas. It took foreeeever. Seriously. Over 2 hours and then they were dry as sawdust. It was so disappointing, and I was wishing I had just used my trusted Dutch Oven so that we could have enjoyed these that night.
But it was not meant to be, because the pork was crapped and our dog had a good meal for the next few days.
My second Instant pot novella starts with my sister texting me a recipe and asking if we could try it if she brought the ingredients. It was Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti Squash.
As we were making it and filling up the Instant Pot insert, we were questioning everything.
What was the point if we still had to bake the meatballs on a cookie sheet in an oven that we heated up? Why would we soak slices of bread in running water because isn’t that the grossest thing ever?? Why did the pictures say to put the squash in first when it clearly was shown going in last in the pictures? Why did the recipe say it was okay that we were way over the fill line even though the Instant Pot instruction booklet told us to never go over that line??
Soooo many questions that apparently we were correct to question, because it was a disaster. The “burn” error flashes on so many times we lost count. It was way too full. And after 2 hours, we ended up trying to pick everything apart and started up the stove and oven to finish it off. We ate dinner at 9:30 and were annoyed.
But I’m not a quitter! No sir! I was determined to figure this thing out.
So I went simple. This recipe is so simple and easy, and best of all… it turned out on the first try! Or maybe best of all is that everyone devoured it and told me to add it to our normal rotation.
A Couple Tips:
- You could always start with fresh, thawed ground beef. Just use the saute function until all the pink is gone.
- If you start with frozen ground beef like I did, you could skip the saute step and just add an extra minute or two to the cook time.
- I chose to saute my frozen ground beef for a couple minutes to break it apart, because I just prefer the taste of sauteed ground beef. Plus it only took a few minutes in the Instant Pot!
- I have an entire post on Tips and Hints for Freezing Ground Beef! It makes meals like these a breeze!
- We do not like a lot of extra creamy sauce on our meals. If you prefer your Beef Stroganoff to be even creamier, you can also add a can of Cream of Mushroom soup.
- Speaking of mushrooms, you can also add sliced mushrooms to the sauteing step.
Beef Stroganoff in the Instant Pot
This meal cooks up in less than 15 minutes and is a family favorite! A delicious and easy meal that can also be made in the slow cooker
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbp. Worcestshire Sauce
- 12 oz No Yolk Egg Noodles
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
Spray inside of Instant Pot insert with cooking spray. Press the Saute function. Add ground beef and onions and saute until all pink is gone. Add garlic during last minute. Press Cancel.
Add the flour and stir well. Add beef broth, cream cheese, Worcestshire sauce and noodles. Stir well.
Place lid on and lock in place. Set to High Pressure and timer to 8 minutes.
Let steam release naturally for about 3-5 minutes and then carefully select quick release until all pressure is gone.
Carefully unlock lid. Stir in sour cream and serve!