Hello, I’m Kate (aka: Kate The Turtle)
- I come from a small family, and always thought I wanted a large family for myself … until I experienced pregnancy. whomp, whomp.
- I’ve probably seen more movies than anyone reading this, but 90% of them were made before 1980 and I watched them before I turned 18. As an adult, I still don’t want to hear anybody talk about Top Gun, Forrest Gump or Steel Magnolias. You might spoil it for me, and I’ll get around to watching them someday.
- I once had a neighbor exclaim that she had thought of me earlier that day. When I asked why, she said “I saw furniture out for someone’s trash and you popped into my head”. That defines my style.
- The only celebrity I’ve ever met is Cameron from “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” – I stood behind him in line in an ice cream shop when I was pregnant and on a daily ice cream diet. My husband has been in a movie with Burt Reynolds and The Hoff, though. That makes me practically famous, right?
- I graduated from college with a degree in Communications and worked in Public Relations for a few years. So basically, I went to school for blogging and social media before that was even a thing, and have been doing this my whole adult life!
About A Turtle’s Life for Me
This blog started in 2009, back when no one knew what they were doing in terms of blogging. Let’s just say there was a lot of posting sporadically. In 2011, the site was limping along, and almost got deleted. Instead, inspiration hit and a whack of content got published!
The name of the blog comes from my nickname as a child! For some reason in 4th grade, I really loved turtles. All my friends started calling me Kate the Turtle, and the nickname stuck. Many decades later, I have to say it really suits me as a homebody – I’m committed to enjoying life from the slow lane.
- our favorite meals
- vacation spots the whole family will enjoy
- easy crafts for your home and to gift
- and ways to DIY yourself the home of your dream