Looking to add some delicious fun to your mailbox each month? A cookie of the month club is a great choice for yourself and as a gift. I’ve found 12 popular and delicious cookie of the month clubs, so you can choose the best!
No surprise here – I love baking cookies. From our vanilla pudding twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie to our Texas sheetcake cookies, I’m a huge fan of putting in a bit of elbow grease to bake up some cookies once in a while!
That said, I’m also a huge fan of getting surprises in the mail each month.
And if they’re surprises I can eat and share with friends and family? Even better.
Enter: cookie clubs.
Looking for the best options? IMHO, Cookie of the Month by Little Red Bakeshop is the best overall cookie of the month club. Color My Cookie is the best cookie subscription focused on cookie decorating and Fresh Baked Cookie Crate is the best cookie baking subscription. If you need a cookie subscription for dietary restrictions, Ten Thousand Cookies offers the best vegan and gluten free cookie subscriptions and Cheryl’s Cookies offers the best sugar free cookie of the month club.
What is a Cookie of the Month Club
Cookie of the month clubs are monthly subscriptions. Every month, receive a selection of gourmet treats for an agreed upon price. As with baking subscriptions, most subscriptions renew automatically, but are easy to cancel. Be sure to read your cookie of the month club’s terms to understand shipping, monthly billing and renewals.
If you’re ready to jump into the hip-widening world of cookie clubs, come along with me! I’ve found a few options for anyone who wants to five this a try!
Best Cookie Subscription Box Summary
Don’t have a lot of time, but in need of a subscription full of cookies? Who isn’t, amiright? Here’s the lowdown on some of the best cookie of the month clubs that I found through research:
- Fresh Baked Cookie Crate – Bake your own super creative cookies with pre-measured ingredients and instructions.
- Color My Cookie – Decorate 6 pre-iced shortbread cookies monthly, with all the edible paint and decorations included in the box. You also get access to a monthly online tutorial with a professional pastry chef.
- Ten Thousand Cookies – Looking for vegan or gluten free cookies? Ten Thousand Cookies makes delicious GF and vegan treats.
- Cookie of the Month by Little Red Bakeshop – No baking or decorating required – just a dozen delicious cookies (or 1 cookie pie) delivered to your door every month.
- Gramma in a Box – An adorable idea that targets “family activity time” – 8 ready-to-decorate sugar cookies and 2 candy projects delivered monthly to your door.
- Oreo of the Month Club – A selection of unique and hard-to-find Oreos delivered every month!
- Best Box Ever Bakery – Another DIY decorating subscription, with your choice of either 6 or 12 themed sugar cookies to decorate each month.
- Macarons Subscription Box – Bringing the taste of Paris to your front door, these are hand made by a French chef in California.
- Big Cookie of the Month Club – If tiny, regular sized cookies just aren’t cutting it for you, this subscription sends you one gigantic 9″ cookie each month.
- Cheryl’s Cookies Cookie of the Month Club – Choose from a buttercream frosted cookie club, a gourmet cookie club, and a sugar free cookie of the month club!
The 12 Best Cookie of the Month Clubs: Monthly Cookie Club Reviews
The Fresh Baked Cookie Crate ships out during the first week of the month. Open it up and you’ll find pre-measured artisan ingredients, easy to follow instructions, and 2 to 3 cookie-themed surprise gifts. It’s suitable for any level of baker, and even older kids.
What I love most about this cookie of the month club is the unusual flavors and creative assorted cookies you’ll get to make…
If Oatmeal Raisin or Chocolate Chip is your jam, look elsewhere. This cookie of the month club is all about expanding your cookie horizons, boosting your cookie baking chops, and turning you into a gourmet cookie lover!
Order before the end of the month for next month’s box. You start with a 1 month subscription and it renews automatically, but you can cancel anytime you like. Ships within the US only.
Each month, Color My Cookie will send six pre-iced classic shortbread cookies, plus all the fixings to transform them into colorful (and delicious) masterpieces. The delicious cookies – from Tart Bakery in Dallas – aren’t too sweet, which is a nice balance for iced cookies. That said, it is the same shortbread cookie each month.
In addition to the cookies, you’ll get a palette of edible paint, the required paint brushes, and any extras – think sprinkles or edible glitter – needed to create the design of the month.
One of the coolest things about this Cookie of the Month club is it helps you perfect your cookie decorating skills. Yup – each month you’ll get access to an online tutorial, led by a pro pastry chef, to help you master the cookie of the month decorating task.
Past boxes include adorable trucks and tractors, spring-themed flowers and Easter eggs, 1970s inspired hippie cookies, and cupcake themed cookies! They are truly adorable, and easy enough to follow that even kids can decorate perfect cookies!
Color My Cookie is a monthly shipment, sent out by the 10th of every month. If you start your monthly subscription after the 10th of any month, it will arrive the following month.
And it ships worldwide!
This is a mom-owned business with a great story: Mompreneur Ashley baked 10,000 cookies to raise the $35,000 needed to adopt a baby, and Ten Thousand Cookies was born.
Ten Thousand Cookies offers 5 different monthly club options:
- The DIY Cookie Decorating Kit (Gluten Free): You’ll receive a dozen gluten free sugar cookies in adorable shapes, 3 bags of royal icing in the colors you’ll need, plus sprinkles, toothpicks and instructions to decorate.
- The Cookie Crate Mixed Treat Box (Gluten Free): The Cookie Crate is a simple cookie subscription box that includes a a dozen cookies total. Expect 4 signature chocolate chip, 4 sugar cookies, and 4 “monster” cookies (peanut butter and double chocolate). Sometimes, you’ll also get surprised with their current seasonal flavor!
- The Sugar Cookie Box (Gluten Free): The Sugar Cookie subscription includes a dozen sugar cookies, iced and decorated with simple but beautiful sprinkles.
- The Monster Cookie Box (Vegan and Gluten Free): The Monster Cookie is Ten Thousand Cookies’ maximum flavor cookie: packed with peanut butter and double chocolate, you’ll hardly know its gluten free and vegan. Look forward to a dozen Monster Cookies per month.
- Vegan Cookie Crate: This is the same as the Cookie Crate (above) but the entire dozen are vegan, too. 4 chocolate chip, 4 fancy sugar cookies and 4 monster cookies.
Your chosen cookie crate ships out 3 to 5 days after your order. The 1st month subscription will renew automatically, and you can cancel at any time. USA only.
Gluten Free Warning!
*One really important note about this cookie club: Ten Thousand Cookies uses certified GF flour in all their cookies, but unfortunately don’t bake them in a certified gluten free kitchen. As such they can’t guarantee there’s no cross-contamination. Because of this, their handmade cookies probably aren’t suitable for people with celiac disease.
You’ll mostly find classic favorite cookies in this monthly cookie subscription. Past boxes have included mixes of Chocolate Chip, Molasses Spice, Double Chocolate Peppermint, S’mores and Triple Chocolate Cookies. Cookie pie examples include Caramel Snickerdoodle and Rocky Road.
I love that Little Red Bake Shop is a small-batch kind of bakery – they use mostly organic ingredients in their cookies, and eschew artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.
Another awesome thing about this monthly subscription box is the fact that they’ll try to accommodate for dietary restrictions. If you need nut-free, gluten-free or vegan cookies, just shoot them a message and they’ll do what they can.
Ships on the second Monday of each month. Sorry Canada – this box ships worldwide from the USA, except to Canada.
And at the end of the activity, you’ll have a total of 20 treats: 8 decorated sugar cookies and a dozen candies to enjoy.
Everything is easy to follow, with step-by-step instructions that include photos. As an added benefit, allergens and ingredients are clearly labelled to put parents’ minds at ease.
For grandparents who live away from their grandchildren, this also makes a great gift.
Ships via USPS during the first week of the month, only within the USA, and shipping is free. Your subscription will automatically renew every month, although you can cancel you box anytime.
Past Oreo of the Month boxes have included a box of Thin Salted Caramel Oreos, Fudge Covered Chocolate Oreos, Classic flavor Easter Egg Edition Oreos, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Oreos, Chocolate Marshmallow Oreos, and Chocolate Troll Edition Oreos with green creme, glitter, and popping candy.
If the idea of scarfing down a box of Carrot Cake or Birthday Cake Oreos every month sounds a dream, then you’ve found the subscription box for you.
It’s certainly one of the most niche out of the cookie of the month clubs on this list!
Happily, this box offers international shipping, and your first subscription box will ship on the 10th of the month. If you want to get it same month, you need to order by the 5th.
Your subscription will renew automatically so you can receive Oreos every month, but you can cancel your subscription any time.
I will say, these cookies are freaking cute. Each box is a different theme, with boxes arriving in the second half of the month.
I also love that Best Box Ever is a mother-daughter baker team. Based in Huntsville, Texas, you can stop by in person if you find yourself in the area. If you have no reason to go to Hunstville, you can order their cookies right to your doorstep, each and every month!
Best Box Ever ships boxes around the 15th of the month, and you need to subscribe before the 10th of the month to get that month’s box of cookies.
They only offer shipping within the United States. Your subscription will renew automatically, but you can cancel easily!
If COVID is getting you down and you want to escape to “Paris” for a bit, give this sweet subscription box a chance. Hand baked by Le Cordon Bleu trained French chefs now based in California, this box includes a dozen macarons each month, in at least 6 different flavors.
Shipping within the US only. You need to order by the 27th of the month to get the current box, and they ship at the end of the month.
Boxes ship out on on either the first or third Monday of the month. This subscription also offers worldwide shipping from the US.
Cheryl’s has a few different cookie clubs you can join depending on your preferences.
Cookies are shaped according the a monthly theme. Expect really cute cookies, such as snowflakes in January, Easter “eggs” in March, pumpkins in October, and holiday shapes in December
Gourmet Cookie Club – Choose either a monthly (12 deliveries per year) or bi-monthly subscription (6 deliveries per year).
Cookies are set for each month, and include 12 of the same cookie per delivery. The annual cookie schedule includes Cocoa Sugar (January), Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Sugar Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin, Peanut Butter with Nuts, Salty Caramel, Blueberry, Butterscotch Toffee Almond, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Snickerdoodle, or New Chocolate Chip (December).
Sugar Free Cookie Club – Cheryl’s also offers a sugar free cookie of the month club that’s pay as you go. Each delivery includes 12 cookies, including 2 each of their sugar free oatmeal cinnamon, chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, lemon, chocolate frosted chocolate and buttercream frosted cut-out cookies.
Best of the Holidays Cookie Club – If you want to be sure you have holiday themed cookies on hand throughout the year, Cheryl’s Cookies’ Best of the Holidays subscription is a great choice. You’ll get either 12 or 24 cookies delivered 5 times per year, for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, July 4th, and Halloween.
How to Choose a Cookie of the Month Club
I hope you’ve found this article helpful, and you’ve found a subscription that’s perfect for you! If you’re still wondering how to choose, I’ve listed a few final considerations below.
- Subscription Options: Is it a monthly delivery? What’s the subscription duration?
- Ease of Cancellation: CrateJoy makes it easy to cancel anytime, as long as the box hasn’t been prepared for shipping or shipped yet.
- Variety Pack vs Curated: Most cookie subscriptions aren’t customizable – what you get is what you get. If you’d prefer to order specific flavors, you might be better off ordering directly, rather than a subscription model. Same goes if you need ingredient or flavor substitutions.
- Taste Preferences: Do you want the latest trends in cookies and unusual flavors, or tried and true classics? Some subscriptions offer a combo of old and new flavors – perfect if you want some comfort cookies and some new options!
- Frosted Cookies vs Not: This goes back to preference!
- Gift Options: If you plan on sending as a gift, you might want some special options, like a gift note. Check with each subscription to see what’s on offer.
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Cookie Subscription Box
Which cookie subscription did you choose?
If you know a cookie lover in your life, please share this article with them!