Some people buy ketchup and mayonnaise and call those staples. In our house, hot sauce, buffalo sauce and sriracha are our staples. We go through Texas Pete Hot Sauce like you wouldn’t believe.
We put it on everything we can get our hands on! French fries get drizzled with it for their last 5 minutes of baking. We use it as a sauce on our pizza. I mix my bleu cheese dressing with it for salads. We use it as a marinade for grilled ribs. My husband and son drizzle it over their eggs every morning. I splash it on hash browns. Guys, I could seriously go on and on. There’s no end to the buffalo sauce madness over here!
And, of course, everything buffalo chicken is started with this sauce right here- wings, dips, soups, wraps and more! But chicken isn’t the only meat that deserves a little extra kick, so let’s have shrimp have their turn in the spotlight!
- 1 lb raw shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup Texas Pete's buffalo or hot sauce
- 4 butter
- Sub rolls
- Bleu cheese dressing
- Texas Pete's mild buffalo sauce
- Banana peppers
- Bleu cheese crumbles
- Heat a large skillet filled with about a 1/4? of oil over medium-high heat. Put the cornstarch in a bowl and toss with shrimp until shrimp are well coated. When the oil is hot place the shrimp in, cooking for a few minutes. Then flip on the other side and continue to cook until shrimp are golden brown on both sides. As soon as shrimp are finished, cooking, remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Repeat with any remaining shrimp.
- Heat the buffalo/hot sauce and butter over the stove until melted and combined. Once all shrimp have been fried, toss in the buffalo sauce/butter mix until shrimp are coated.
- For dressing: Mix the bleu cheese dressing with a little bit of milk buffalo sauce until you get the taste you like. I usually mix about 1/2 cup of dressing with 1-2 tbsp. buffalo sauce
- To assemble: Line the rolls with lettuce and then fill with buffalo shrimp, tomatoes, banana peppers and bleu cheese crumbles. Drizzle with the buffalo bleu cheese dressing and serve immediately!
Buffalo Shrimp Subs #TexasPete