This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
For easy back to school dinner ideas, nothing will beat Chicken and Waffles with Honey Maple Syrup! Made with Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips, fluffy waffles and a slightly sweet syrup, this is a family-friendly meal that takes no time to make!
If there’s one thing that holds true for moms everywhere during back to school season, it’s that anything you can do to make life easier should take top priority! There is so much chaos around that time of year that’s mostly unavoidable, so if there’s something you can control and make more pleasant for everyone then jump on it!
For me, that’s dinner time! This is not the time of year to test out new recipes or make elaborate, involved meals. Your kids are getting back into a new schedule, they’re getting overloaded again with homework and rules, and you’re dealing with piles of paperwork and overtired kids.
Don’t make things harder on yourself when it comes to dinner! Make a meal that’s little prep, mostly hands-off and something you know everyone will enjoy. Because I’ve been there… if there’s one thing that’s guaranteed to make a mom lose her cool, it’s kids fussing that they don’t want to eat the dinner you just took time preparing.
As part of my back to school routine, I not only get my kids ready, I get my kitchen ready! I make sure the kitchen is fully stocked with items that will make meal prep fast and painless. For me that means a run to PriceRite to grab Tyson Chicken Strips. You can find them in the frozen section by the other chicken items, and then come back here and thank me, because they are a lifesaver!
Packed with protein and crave-worthy flavor that my kids go crazy for, they’re the perfect starter for so many different meals! One of our favorites is Chicken and Waffles with Honey Maple Syrup.
Chicken and Waffles with Honey Maple Syrup
This easy chicken and waffles recipe is guaranteed to be a hit with your over-tired kids! Even better, though, Tyson products are so convenient and affordable for all those back to school mealtimes you now have to come up with ideas for!
It really couldn’t be easier to make! For easy clean up (remember, back to school time is hard on parents too so make it easy!), I lined my baking pan with foil and place my Tyson Chicken Strips in a single layer. Just follow the directions on the bag for cooking time.
While they’re cooking… and in between answering homework questions… start toasting your waffles. You can keep them warm in the toaster oven if they’re done before your chicken is.
Once the chicken is done, pile the waffles on a serving plate and then arrange your Tyson Chicken Strips on top of it. Then drizzle honey and maple syrup all over it!
I know you’ll be tempted to just do one or the other, but the combination of honey and maple syrup together is the perfect balance for the crispy, savory chicken strips. It all just pairs perfectly and is such an easy way to make dinner time stress-free!
Tips for Back to School Dinnertime Easy
- Stock up on items that require no prep time and only a short time to cook. Your time is valuable! Your kid’s patience level is at an all-time low and everyone is ready for dinner now!
- I make sure to keep Tyson® Any’tizers® Chicken Fries and Tyson® Chicken Nuggets on-hand in addition to my Tyson Chicken Strips. I find mine at my local Price Rite, but you can also find them at Shoprite and The Fresh Grocer if you have those stores local to you.
- The great thing about meals like this are that they are easy to customize if your kids have different taste preferences like mine! My son likes to also drizzle sriracha over his chicken and waffles for an extra kick. My daughter goes the extra syrup route, because she’s a little bit like me!
- You can also use mini waffles to make chicken and waffle sliders. That might be even easier for little hands to pick up!
- Moms can rest easy feeding Tyson products to their kids because their chicken is raised with no antibiotics ever! Score!
- Get creative with your back to school meals while still keeping them easy and affordable! You can make chicken sliders, loaded chicken fries, fun dipping sauces for the chicken nuggets, chicken ranch wraps and so much more!
Chicken and Waffles with Honey Maple Syrup
An easy dinner that you’re whole family will love! Crispy chicken tender strips are piled on top of fluffy waffles and then drizzled with honey and maple syrup!
- 25 oz Tyson® Chicken Strips
- 6 Waffles
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
Cook chicken strips according to package instructions. Toast waffles and keep warm until chicken is done.
Arrange waffles on plate and pile chicken strips on top. Drizzle honey and maple syrup over chicken and eat while hot!