Hello, I’m Natalie…
- I come from a family of 8 and we’re all still very close as adults. I always thought I wanted a large family too… until I experienced pregnancy. whomp, whomp.
- I’ve probably seen more movies than anyone reading this, but 90% of them were made before 1980 and I watched them before I turned 18. As an adult, I still don’t want to hear anybody talk about Top Gun, Forrest Gump or Steel Magnolias. You might spoil it for me, and I’ll get around to watching them someday.
- I once had a neighbor exclaim that she had thought of me earlier that day. When I asked why, she said “I saw furniture out for someone’s trash and you popped into my head”. That defines my style.
- The only 2 celebrities I’ve ever met are Martin Short and Wayne Gretzky. I dropped a book on Martin Short’s head and I didn’t even know I was talking to Wayne Gretzky until we parted ways and some random person told me. I should have figured it out, though, since we were at a hockey game and his brother was playing. Oh, and he has one of the most recognizable faces ever!! My husband still doesn’t think this is a funny story…
- I graduated from college with a degree in Public Relations and a minor in journalism. So basically, I went to school for blogging and social media before that was even a thing!
About A Turtle’s Life for Me
I started this blog in 2009, not really knowing what I was doing and only posting sporadically. In 2011, I remembered about this site I had that I hadn’t posted to in forever. I came back with the intentions of deleting it, and instead I started writing again!
The name of the blog is my homage to my mom! She’s called me her turtle since I was an infant, because, get this… when I cry, I swallow my chin and look like a turtle! I’m going on 41 years of receiving a turtle gift for every Christmas and giving one to her, my Mama Turtle, too.
- our favorite meals
- vacation spots the whole family will enjoy
- easy crafts for your home and to gift
- and ways to DIY yourself the home of your dream
… all on a budget!