This Dole Whip Cocktail with Rum Recipe is the adult version of the popular Disney treat! A blend of pineapple, banana, coconut milk and rum, these ingredients combine for a refreshing, summer drink that will make you feel like you’re on vacation!
It’s been a couple years since I’ve been to Disney World, which means it’s also been a couple years since I’ve had a Dole Whip!
If you’ve never had one, you might not realize how super sad that is.
They are refreshing and tart and basically the ultimate hot weather treat. Luckily, there are lots of recipes for Dole Whips so that I (and I suppose you too) can make your own at home whenever the craving hits you!
This Dole Whip recipe from Mama Cheaps is not only delicious, it’s easy enough that your kids can help you make it this summer!
But I’m me, and sometimes I’m in the mood for an adult drink. So I made this easy Dole Whip with Rum recipe and now I just might be hooked!
It is so good and refreshing, and while I’m no nutritionist, I’m going to tell myself it’s not that bad for me either. I mean it’s pretty much all fresh fruit with a little coconut milk thrown in for good measure. It can’t be that bad, right?! Don’t tell me if it is…
How to Make a Dole Whip with Rum
You do need to plan ahead a little bit because you want your fruit to be frozen to give it that ultimate slushie consistency. I just used a bag of frozen pineapple from the grocery store. You could also freeze fresh pineapple if you prefer.
You also need a frozen banana for this recipe. Just be sure to peel your banana before freezing. I peel mine, cut them in half and them put them in a ziploc bag in the freezer. Be sure to remove all the excess air from your freezer bag before sealing it to prevent freezer burn.
Once your fruit is frozen and you’re ready to make your drink, just combine all your ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth! It’s super easy and even more delicious!
Tools Needed to Make a Dole Whip with Rum
- Blender– you really need a full size blender for this recipe. I normally go to my trusty 3 cup food chopper for drinks, but this was just too many ingredients for that. A blender it is then!
- Freezer Bags– I’ve tried freezing fruit in generic sandwich bags before and the right freezer bags really do make a difference when it comes to freezer burn!
- Unbreakable Cocktail Glasses– You are going to want to drink these while sitting around a pool! Don’t ruin your afternoon by having broken glass on your patio. These unbreakable glasses are my go-to for summer BBQs!
- Pineapple Corer– For $10, do yourself a favor and get yourself this pineapple corer, slicer and peeler in one. It will be your BFF this summer.
Other Summer Cocktails You Would Love!
- Strawberry and Peach Wine Slushies
- Red, White and Blue Wine Slushies
- Sparkling Cherry Lime Cocktails
- Orange Crushes
Dole Whip Cocktail with Rum
This refreshing drink combines the favorite Dole Whip treat at Disney World with rum to make it a perfect adult beverage on hot summer nights!
- 3 cups Pineapple Tidbits frozen
- 1/2 Banana frozen
- 1 cup Sweetened Coconut Milk
- 4 oz. Rum
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into cups and serve immediately. You can garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge if you like!
You can adjust the amount of rum to your liking. This recipe provides about 2 oz per serving which is about the amount in a shot glass.
You can use Lite Coconut Milk if you want to make it a little healthier.
Looking for more delicious summer cocktails? Check out these ones from other bloggers!
Aperol Spritz from Weekend Craft • Peach Bellini Pitcher from Creative Ramblings • Strawberry Watermelon White Wine Slushie from Red Cottage Chronicles • Dole Whip with Rum from A Turtle’s Life for Me • Pink Moscato Lemonade from Happy Go Lucky • Tequila Sunrise from Family Around the Table • Grilled Pineapple Mojito from Upright and Caffeinated • Pink Hawaiian Cocktail from Daily DIY Life • Red White And Berry Patriotic Cocktail from Our Crafty Mom
Don’t forget to PIN, SAVE and SHARE this post!