We recently were able to test drive Mazda6 Signature during our trip to Orlando and I’m ready to give our family’s review after spending a week with it!
Big thanks to Mazda for partnering with us and allowing us to drive the Mazda6 in exchange for this article with our thoughts on it. All opinions are 100% my own!
In what feels like another lifetime, I used to own a Mazda MPV. Between my husband and I, I think we’ve had probably 10-12 cars in the past 20 or so years. The MPV has always been our favorite and the one we regret selling. It’s like that girlfriend that you let get away and you always want back.
My husband has promised for the last 5 years or so, that my next vehicle will be a Mazda. I CAN’T WAIT!!
So when I found out that we would be driving a Mazda6 Signature around Orlando on our recent vacation, I was thrilled! And a little nervous that it wouldn’t hold up to my expectations!
But it blew them away! Seriously!
Mazda6 Signature Review
Within the first 5 minutes of arriving at the car, all of this was blurted out:
- Oh my word, that color!
- Those checked suitcases look like shoulder bags in that trunk!
- Check out how the color changes as you walk around the car!
- I think the air conditioning came on in 2.1 seconds!
- There’s so much more room in that trunk!
- My knees don’t hit the back of the seat! (said by my 6’1″ son)
We actually didn’t pull out of the parking lot for about 10 minutes because we were so busy checking out all of the cool features inside the car!
And while some may look at this picture and just see a really sharp looking car, I see so much more.
I see days of cruising around sunny Florida with blue skies, palm trees out the windows and all 4 of us singing and laughing.
I see my son peeking out the hotel room window to check on the car and make sure it was okay.
I see my husband excited to get behind the wheel each day because he kept discovering more features to exclaim over.
I see a vacation where every morning when we stopped this car, we were excited to get out and start that day’s adventures. And every evening when the car brought us back to our hotel, we would lay in bed and talk excitedly about our favorite parts of the day and what we couldn’t wait for the next day.
The second half of our week, we transferred hotels and stayed at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. In some circles, this place is known as The Most Colorful Resort Evah!
As soon as we arrived, there was a chorus from the back seat of “You have to get a picture of our car with these retro cars!!”
So two things here:
- The red on the Mazda6 was so glorious and deep, that it held its own easily beside these funky-colored, vintage cars!
- Yes, within 4 days, we were already referring to it as “our car”. Wishful thinking?? Maybe, but I prefer to think of it as optimistic thinking! My kids actually said goodbye to the car at the end of the week, because they were so in love with it!
Our Favorite Features on the Mazda6 Signature:
- Heated AND ventilated front seats! That means the front seats cooled off too… in Florida!! Woot, woot!
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Heated side mirrors… not something we needed in Florida but they would be perfect for back home in Pennsylvania!
- Front headlights that turned just before the car actually did! My husband was seriously amazed by this and may or may not have taken a couple laps around the hotel parking lot the one night testing them out!
- Bluetooth, hands-free audio! The teens loved being able to control the dance party from the back seat!
- Active Driving Display. This was one of the first things that my husband couldn’t get over and he was still exclaiming over it at the end of our week! On the windshield, above the steering wheel, was a display that only he could see with navigation info, speed limit info and more. I’ve never seen a car with this feature before!
- And as the mom, I liked the 5 Star Safety Rating!
We got attached to this pretty car pretty quickly. It took us to see Mickey Mouse and Harry Potter. It’s held our family of 4 while we laughed about our day and sang songs that spoke to all of us. It was part of an experience that we’ll never forget!
Add in comfort, style, affordability and safety and you end up with the perfect family vehicle. Many thumbs up to the Mazda6 Signature!