I had a before shot, I really did, but, like most things in my life, there’s a story here.
I promised myself I would clear my little camera card (I have no idea what it’s actually called) before Easter. There were SO many pictures on it and I really have been meaning to clear it and start from scratch. So, of course, I forgot about it completely until people started showing up at my house Easter afternoon. I quick pulled all the pictures up on Photoshop and made my dear husband click on each one individually and then save as into a file on the computer. There must have been a more efficient way, but like most things with Photoshop, I felt like an idiot so I gave up immediately. I was in the kitchen, directing and cooking and he was in the living room clicking and saving. Somehow, about 300 photos got lost in the switch over. I don’t know how and I won’t be mentioning it to him. A before photo is just not that big of a deal, right?? Well, not for this one anyways.
Just picture a straw wreath form that I picked up at a thrift store for 60 cents and a flat bed sheet that I picked up for $2. I cut a strip about 3″ wide from the sheet and just kept wrapping it around the wreath. I just used a push pin when I started to hold the fabric in place and then one more when I finished. I did this that morning before we left for church, so there wasn’t a lot of time and I wasn’t really going for the whole layers upon layers of rosettes look. I just wanted a little bit of depth. So I grabbed this smaller grapevine wreath that I had in my stockpile and just wrapped a ribbon around both. Honestly, I’m not feeling the blue ribbon (with the blue of the fabric and the blue door), but it was what I could find the fastest. This took me about 10 minutes start to finish.
Linking up to: