I decided to split my Top 10 Posts of 2011 into 2 separate days- one with food and one without food, because I’m just so darn indecisive!
1. Without a doubt, the most popular food posts I write are my freezer meal ones! It was totally unexpected for me and took this blog in a direction I didn’t realize it was going to go! I wrote my original freezer meal post as a guest on another blog and then ran it here a month later. It quickly got picked up by The Consumerist, Apartment Therapy, AOL and MANY other sources. It still blows me away! My original freezer meal post, the 2 follow-ups ( #1 and #2), the spaghetti freezer sauce and the football freezer cooking have blown up my stats page! Together those 5 post have gotten 414,381 pageviews! Every single week, I get new emails and comments on these posts. Completely crazy!
2. My Adult-Style Grilled Cheese also seemed to resonate with a lot of people and, again, caught me completely off-guard! This was a busy day and I got home late so the hubs and kids had already eaten. I saw an avocado, that I can never resist, and quick whipped together a grilled cheese. I really didn’t think much of it, I mean come on people, I had it on a plastic Goldilocks plate for my picture! I thought it was just a silly post about how busy I was and now I’m eating grilled cheese on a kids’ plate with a Mike’s! Instead, it started getting pinned like crazy and I’m STILL getting emails constantly with people asking me for the recipe! It’s so funny to me what appeals to all of you! It’s almost at 90,000 page views! For a grilled cheese!!
3. For all my faithful followers… don’t worry, I’m getting to the sweets! These Caramel Chocolate Marshmallows from Easter were a huge hit on Pinterest! Lots of other Easter goodies in this post too! Don’t worry, this year I’ll be posting the peanut butter eggs recipe.
4. This one was a favorite in my house, so I’m including it in my Top 10… a S’mores Milkshake! We’ve made these a couple times since then and they never disappoint! Might just make some today…
5. And just because it’s one of my favorite meals, I have to include my BBQ Chicken Salad. It’s incredible how often I could eat this and not get tired of it.
6. And if I include my favorite, it’s only fair that I include one of my husband’s favorites as well. His birthday dinner of bacon wrapped chicken has been such a big hit that we’ve made it a couple times since! As a main course for dinner and as an appetizer with friends! The kids love the bacon-wrapped chicken with the honey glaze and we love the bacon-wrapped chicken stuffed with jalapenos and cream cheese. Either way, there’s a lot of bacon-wrappin’-goodness going on!
7. I’ve shown you guys quite a few of my cakes over this past year, but one of my personal favorites is still my Flip Flops Cake. It was for an old school friend who found me on FB and I was just so tickled that she wanted me to make this for her mom. Plus, I got to drop it off and see everybody and get all nostalgic! Just looking at the pictures fills me with warm memories, and, of course, it’s not a bad thing that I’m pretty pleased with the way it turned out too!
8. Speaking of cakes, let’s add in the Batman Cake I did with a tutorial on how to use fondant and decorate like a faux-pro!
9. While we’re at it, let’s add in my Grilled Cheese Croutons. This is another post that cracks me up, because it was one I hesitated to post because it’s really all about me being cheap and a bit lazy, but for some reason it struck a chord with everybody and got pinned like crazy!
10. And rounding out my Top 10 Food Posts of 2011….a must-to-include since I’m eating it right now and I’ve made it 3 times in one month… Oreo Peanut Butter Mousse Cake. The name is description enough. It’s fantastic.
Now you guys tell me… what were some of your favorite food posts that I wrote about?? What would you like to see more of (aside from better photography)?? How much weight did you gain from reading my blog?? Actually, don’t tell me that… the guilt might overwhelm me!!
Linking up to: