I love these cookies for a few reason!
- they’re delicious! They’re a great combination of peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate! Delicious!
- you’re able to make very large cookies and they stay solid and firm
- they also stay soft in the middle for a few days, so you can make these ahead of time without stressing out about having to deliver them right away
- the batch makes a lot of cookies so you can also make some normal size for your family to enjoy!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 16 oz. jar of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tsps. baking soda
- 2 cups milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and sugars. Stir until well blended.
Add eggs and vanilla, mix until well combined.
Add oats and baking soda, mix until well combined.
Mix in the chocolate chips.
Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup and roll dough into a ball. Place on cookie sheet and press lightly with your palm to flatten them slightly. Make sure they have plenty of room to spread.
Bake for about 18 minutes. Let cool on tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.